HAMBURG, NEW YORK – The annual Fairgrounds Festival of Lights returns this winter with loads of holiday magic! Experience dazzling light displays, live entertainment and festive activities for the whole family this winter. The Festival of Lights is located in Hamburg, NY on The Fairgrounds in Hamburg. This ticketed event is Western New York’s largest lights festival featuring 70+ drive-thru light displays and walk-up attractions. Tickets will go on sale November 15th at www.FairgroundsHoliday.com.
The Fairgrounds will host ALL NEW attractions this year, including:
- Live entertainment! Guests will have the chance to see live entertainment in Expo Hall. Entertainers include bands, magic shows, a balloon twister and an improv group. A complete schedule is available at www.FairgroundsHoliday.com.
- Santa’s Barnyard. Visit with Santa’s furry friends who help make the holiday enchanting in Santa’s Barnyard! Animals will include donkeys, cows, goats and sheep.
- “Frosted” Grapes & Hops. Guests will have the opportunity to purchase beverages to enjoy as they walk throughout the Festival. (Additional fees; must be 21 years of age to purchase alcoholic beverages)
- Winter Wonderland Workshop. In addition to Letters to Santa, Letters to Troops and holiday-themed crafts, kids can get into the festive spirit this year with all new cookie decorating sponsored by TOPS Friendly Markets. (Additional fees)
- Erie County Fair Merchandise. Festival guests will have the chance to go back in time when shopping for holiday gifts at Retro Buffalo’s all new chalet, which includes the sale of Erie County Fair merchandise. (Additional fees)
- Relocated Tree Displays. New this year, guests can walk up to the massive 76 ft. tree, which has been relocated to 42nd Street for showstopping photo opportunities! This is the tallest tree in New York this side of Rockefeller Center.
Returning attractions—only available on Full Experience dates—include the North Pole Experience featuring visits with Santa and a train display from Western New York Garden & Railway Society, Santa’s Christmas Express Train Ride, a European Style Outdoor Shopping Market, Santa’s Magical Midway with indoor kiddie rides, an illuminated pixel show and Frosty’s Dance Party. Indoor and outdoor shopping plus food and drink options will be available as well. Additional costs associated with some of these attractions.
- Guests can enjoy the Full Experience Ticket for $30 per carload (plus fees) across 18 nights. The full experience includes both the drive-thru displays and walk-up attractions. The dates for full experience include: November 24-26, December 1-3, 8-10, 15-23.
- Or, on eight nights, guests will have the option to purchase a Drive-Thru Only Ticket for $20 per carload (plus fees). The drive-thru only ticket provides the ultimate flexibility for guests who prefer to stay inside the car for a discounted price. Experience the drive-thru of light displays only on the following nights: November 30, December 7, 14, and 26-30. Drive-thru nights do not include walk-up attractions.
- Tickets for drive-thru only nights are not redeemable on full experience nights and vice versa.
- Tickets will go on sale on November 15th at www.FairgroundsHoliday.com and are only available online.
- Guests must select a date they wish to come at the time of purchase.
- Gates will be open 5-9PM with buildings closing at 10PM. Entrance to the drive-thru light displays is located off of McKinley Parkway.
The Fairgrounds Festival of Lights is produced by the Erie County Agricultural Society (ECAS). For more information regarding the Fairgrounds Festival of Lights visit www.FairgroundsHoliday.com.